Thursday, July 23, 2009


Fun with My Mouse

The four of us went to Disneyland yesterday (annual passes + family with young children = happiness without much stress!) and Norah and I visited Minnie's house while Dave and Adam rode the Toontown rollercoaster. She was completely enchanted by meeting Minnie and exploring her house, but Minnie is lucky that my Mouse did not abscond with her cheese (she looks in the photo above as though she's going to try it, doesn't she?)! :)

The other two photos are from the Autopia ride - it was hilarious as well as a little scary to me how comfortable she was behind the wheel! Check out that devious expression as well as how she looks forward while handling a curve in the road! Thank goodness she is not 16 for awhile yet!

Poor Adam was a little put out by how bumpy Autopia was while he was steering - I think he had super high expectations for himself because his first words to me were "I was not a very good driver." Dave and I tried to explain that Daddy was laughing because he was having fun, that he was not laughing at Adam, and that everyone needs practice to learn how to drive. I hope he feels up to giving it another try in the future as he really likes cars! Adam's favorite remains the rollercoaster, and he also likes the Casey Jr. train - he really likes those smooth, fast rides!

Ah, family time. It is so wonderful to just have this pass and to have had a few gift cards to pay for our food and parking. It makes for terrific free time to just be together as a family, to not worry about money, and to be able to just enjoy a few things and not feel like we have to cram everything at Disneyland into one day that wears us all out. We initially got this pass because of Dave's upcoming sabbatical, but I think that this is a gift that we will really be enjoying to the fullest all year round.

1 comment:

Butterfly Kisses said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun on Thursday. We haven't been to Disneyland in a few years, but our kids have been having a blast at Legoland. It is fun to share good times together and to build special family memories.

Hope we can hang one day this week. Blessings--Di