Friday, September 21, 2007

Rain! More Rain!

Yesterday morning my husband gave me the most wonderful gift of getting to sleep in until 8 a.m. and then getting to take a shower while he watched our kids!! I got dressed and emerged from our room totally refreshed, discovered that our daughter was napping, and decided to take our son outside to enjoy the rain. We got some time for just the two of us to sit snuggled under a blanket in a lawn chair on our back patio, listening to the rain and watching it refresh the earth. When our daughter woke up, our little guy stayed in one chair and I sat with her in the other lawn chair next to him - all of us snuggled under blankets. Pure bliss!

I am so eager for Fall - I'm eager to bake pumpkiny treats, put a new wreath on our door, find dazzling fall leaves, (hopefully!) run in the brisk air of the morning, wear sweaters, and more. Eventually as the weather gets cold enough in the mountains, I want to bring our son up there for his first experience of snow! And hot chocolate! Hooray! My favorite season is coming!

Our little guy's favorite rain-themed songs that I sang yesterday: April Showers (from Bambi), "It's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring..." and (I don't know the title for this one) "So let us know, let us press on to know the Lord, his going forth is as certain as the dawn. And he will come, he will come to us like the rain; like the spring rain, watering the earth."

Amen!

No comments: