Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My daughter is 5 Months Old Today!




Dear Sweet Girl,

Today you are 5 months old! You’re a great little eater when it comes to nursing, and soon we’re going to start you on something called rice cereal….this may not sound so exciting, but it will be the beginning of a whole new world of taste, color, and sensation! I wonder if you will adore fruit like your brother does – mangoes, strawberries, figs, apricots, bananas, blueberries – just you wait!

You are also, I am delighted to say, having a much easier time with (yes, I will dare to mention it here) gas. I cannot tell you how I have longed for this!!! No more long periods of crying and screaming while you’re trying to push it out – I can pick you up, you burp or toot, and I lay you down, and you fall asleep!!! Ah, the bliss!

Little love, you are such a delight. I love to come in the room after your nap and see you gurgle with glee when you see my face and hear my voice! I love how you scrutinize your brother and keep a close eye on what he’s up to. And when he’s in bed, it’s party time for you! Your squeals and shrieks of happiness keep your brother up way longer than I’d like, but now you are both sleeping in late enough for me to take an early morning walk, and I am very grateful to you for that gift!

I love how when I kiss your little pink and white face you open your mouth wide and want to give me kisses back. Your blue eyes shine so brightly when you laugh as I tickle your tummy!

You are so passionate about playing with your little toys – and you have already rolled over a few times from tummy to back and back to tummy! I have a feeling that you want to get on the move quickly so that you can keep up with your brother. But don’t hurry too much…I am enjoying every stage with you.

You are so precious to me, sweetheart. I love you.

Love,

Mama

No comments: