Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Snippet #2: Parenting and Brother Lawrence

Wife: You know, part of parenting that is so challenging for me is the multi-tasking. I'm more naturally such a single-tasker that the multi-tasking makes being present a challenge. I think that having more kids will just increase that challenge for me.

Husband: But it's not impossible, right?

Wife: Uh....right, but...

Husband: Wasn't it some guy...Brother Lawrence... who said...

Wife: Yeah. But that guy had a bunch of potatoes!


P.S. It's so nice to have a husband I can laugh with as well as talk to about serious subjects!

2 comments:

Butterfly Kisses said...

i need to laugh more w/ my hubby and be less serious, which reflects a current post i'm working on...thanks 4 the encouragement...we miss u guys.--di

Amy said...

It IS a great thing, to laugh with our spouses...sometimes especially about something we may seriously be concerned about. Humor makes everything just so much easier to handle! And it will definitely make caring for two kids easier :). I don't want to preach to you at all, because I know so much how you are feeling. But I just want to encourage you that even though you can't see past your daughters birth through to the other side and know what exactly taking care of both her and Adam will be like, it IS true that God will help you navigate the transition. And He will use your particular strengths (and weaknesses!) to bless and nurture your children in the best possible way. A word that has come to mean a lot to me since having multiple children to care for is: priorities. Each day I have to weigh all of the competing things in my life (children's needs, my needs, hubbies' needs, household needs, etc.) and decide for each day what my priorities will be. Some days family connection tops the list...others laundry. I guess the main point is that I usually can't get everything I want to done in a day...but God always gives me what I need to get the MOST important things done! Thanks for sharing your laughter with us!