(Based on actual events or observations of the past 24 hours)
I'm thankful for/I get a kick out of/I enjoy (no particular order):
- How ice cream cartons are always filled to the brim and how the ice cream gets on the lid. (Dreyer's peppermint ice cream is "in season" right now!)
- How my son and I exchange a look and both burst into laughter
- How seeing a behind the scenes featurette on a DVD can make me rethink a movie and like the movie more than when it finished.
- How my husband handles our finances and considers it important to keep me informed about them.
- How an old friend sounds when they are glad to hear me on the other end of the phone.
- How my son babbles in bed to himself as he falls asleep
- How my son rests his head on my shoulder as I sing his goodnight songs
- How my husband and I got to snuggle a bit on the couch (and with our son climbing on and off our laps for what we call "family love" - a group snuggle and smooches) while our housemate made dinner tonight...yes, I know!!!! Bliss!
- How my son enjoyed going up and down the elevator and escalator a zillion times at the mall today - a great place for a rainy day excursion! And free entertainment!
- How Tylenol helps with teething pain and therefore the associated crankyness
- How my son picked out the chocolate chips out of his chocolate chip bagel this morning and didn't even bother with the bread (and they say babies like what mommy ate while they were in the womb....hmm...may be proving that one right!)
- How I had a dream last night that I was running, and when I woke up, I felt a rush like I'd actually done it! (I am yearning to get back to running, and I've had several dreams like this - I feel like it is has been a kind thoughtfulness of God during this pregnancy!)
1 comment:
Carole, I usually have running dreams at this stage of pregnancy too! And I also feel like it is grace, as if to say, don't worry, you will be out there again! Funny, I have not had a dream like that during this pregnancy :). Wonder what that means??
Post a Comment