A is for Adam, Amazing, and Adventure!
Yesterday as I was straightening up in Adam's room, I heard him rustling in the bedroom next door. It was quiet...too quiet (as every parent knows!)....I walked around the corner to find Adam standing on the desk and poking around our international student's belongings! He has been enthusiastically pulling himself up onto chairs, but the desk was definitely a step up - literally!
Adam amazes me every day. Today he called out "Hello!" after me as I greeted Dave walking in the door. He will sit at the piano for anywhere from 5 to 25 minutes hitting keys and occasionally singing (and often prefers that I hold open the hymn music book so he can look at the pages while he plays). He is a huge fan of the Frog and Toad books by Arnold Lobel and dislikes the feeling of fingerpaints on his hands. He knows how to smell a flower and how to cool hot food by blowing on it. He runs under the hose when Dave is watering and is drawn to splashing and getting soaking wet with water in any form (in the sink, the bath, a pool, a fountain) - and when I pick him up in a towel and call him my little scoop, he just giggles and giggles!
I finally read in a book yesterday evening that it's common for moms pregnant with a second child to have mixed feelings; that's the first time I've seen some validation in print about that, and since I've been having mixed feelings, somehow that helped. I know that I won't be able to have such frequent focused time with Adam, and that's what has been hardest for me about having a second child. I want so much to make the most of this time, and I am confident that once the baby is here I will love him or her so much I will feel like I just grew another heart...but in the meantime, I'm getting teary-eyed writing this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome entry...keep it up! It's amazing how our little ones can be such climbers and how the Lord protects them when they climb to amazing heights. Gracie is our little monkey. She climbs anything and everything.
With regards to the second baby thing...I felt exactly the way you did, and truly truly...it's like God doubled the size of my heart. It didn't seem possible that I could love anyone as much as I loved Jake...and yet, the Lord did his miraculous math. The way you feel is quite normal...Likewise, I'm a bit anxious about Katelyn coming into our family, for all the changes she will bring to us...and yet, I'm sure as the Lord was gracious to us with Gracie...that he will do the same with Baby #3. More later my friend!
--Di
Post a Comment