And I Didn't Just Get His Voicemail.....
Today in the middle of a very frustrated and angry moment this afternoon, I tried calling Dave to vent a bit, and for good reason he simply couldn't talk at the moment. As I walked up to my car, fighting back tears, I suddenly realized that I could "call" God. I held my silent cell phone up to my ear and began to talk, telling God exactly how I felt just as if he was on the other end of the line. It was incredibly helpful! I cried, I listened and felt God's peace in the silence, and after sitting in the garage for a few minutes to finish my "call," I felt able to walk in the door and set my anger aside enough that I could care for Adam and greet him with a genuine smile. Then, this evening, while Adam has been sleeping, I had the chance to journal and reflect more thoroughly about what had upset me.
Funny how something like a cell phone could be a tool for prayerful intimacy with God! And really, I do have a direct line that I can call anytime (with or without the phone) - I just hadn't thought of it so literally before. And it was a deep comfort, not to mention a great use of my minutes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Isn't it great that we never get a busy signal when calling on God? Also, we get free cell-to-cell, unlimited minutes, and free downloading. Keep the faith! Love ya tons,
Di
Post a Comment