
This morning when Norah woke up at 6, my husband got up with her and I got dressed for my Friday run. A mile to run, then a mile to walk back home and pray/think along the way. I love how clear my mind is after a run, how I feel wide open for God to guide me in the day....it's a feeling of surrender, peace, and exhilaration all at once!
After my run, a Norah greeted me with our usual happy "MAMA!!" "Norah!!" "Mama!!" reunion exchange and a big snuggle. We sat and ate breakfast together - she ate some of the banana muffins that I made last night and I had raisin bran. She likes to sit on my lap and pick the raisins out of the cereal or have bites of the cereal, but she absolutely will not eat them together!
At about 7:30 a.m., I had just finished my cereal when Adam walked up next to me and I scooped him up for our good morning snuggle and song. A potty visit (this is a major event for a toddler - hence the documentation!) & diaper change, then I got the kids dressed while Dave showered. Norah insisted on getting in the shower with me and then we got dressed (again, in her case).
Breakfast for Adam, and then off I headed to my doctor's appointment this morning. This was my first appointment with my oncologist since my initial assessment three months ago (just after surgeons removed a cancerous tumor from my colon and I was declared cancer-free with no need for chemo, thank the Lord!). He said that I have had an amazing recovery from the surgery, that everything looks good, and now I just need a CT scan to establish a baseline for them to look at in the future to see if there are any changes. I'm a bit anxious about the CT scan process, but I keep telling myself it could have been worse and anyway it's not chemo!
So, a quick drive to work, and there I'll be here until 12 noon. I'll have to post the rest of the day later, obviously. :) See you then!
Back again... After work I pulled together dinner - barbecue meatloaf (frozen leftovers from a previous meal - I'm only just now learning this skill!!), broccoli, and Riceroni. I never knew I would be so thrilled by a child eating vegetables, but Norah just gobbles them up and it is so refreshing (I "hide" them in items like chocolate zucchini bread for Adam to get his veggies, at least for now). Here's the recipe for the chocolate zucchini bread via Kate at Our Red House(from Kris in Alaska to Kate in Australia and now to California and beyond...the web is amazing!): http://ourredhouse.blogspot.com/2008/01/heat-wave-and-chocolate-zucchini-bread.html This is a great recipe!
Baths, family reading time, and then...ah. Peace and quiet with my husband!
My project this evening while my husband folded his laundry and we watched part of an old Cary Grant film was one of the steps needed in repurposing some very old books that I am making into journals for my sister and her fiance. I can't wait to surprise her with these! A friend of mine who works in library preservation is teaching me how to do this, and I'll try to post some photos here to document the process.
By the time 9 p.m. came around, I was ready to wind down with a shower and some journaling, and then I went to bed. 'Night, all!
No comments:
Post a Comment