Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Torn

I have been torn lately between times of grief and times of happy anticipation. Loving and trying to support a dear friend as she grieves the loss of a child she expected - a son we both expected would be growing and playing side by side with our own daughter....at times I just feel so angry and at other times so deeply sad about her loss. None of us expected this time to be a time of so many tears, and it is so, so hard. Partly why I haven't written anything in awhile is I just feel like words are so trivial, so limited in how they can express what is in my heart or on my mind.

I am trying to give myself the space for grief yet also to celebrate our own daughter's coming birth. The c-section is scheduled for 11 a.m. on February 6th.

No comments: