Norah awoke at 6 a.m., crying from teething pain. She is saying "Mama" now so easily, a word that lights me up all over or, when she's crying, is a trigger for the fastest possible leap from our bedroom so I can scoop her up in my arms. Since Norah is my second child, I haven't had nearly as many quiet nursing moments with her, so I treasured being able to nurse her back to sleep this morning. The house was still, and the two of us breathed a deep rhythm together. I eventually lay her in her crib, and once Adam was up, got officially started on the day.
I was feeling so on top of things - a delicious walnut coffee cake was in the oven (Cooking Light magazine, April 2006), dishes were washed and put away, and Norah was happily eating her breakfast when suddenly I heard, "Mommy, I'm sick!" from the living room. I dashed in to find my poor sweet boy laying on the rug next to his train table. He ended up throwing up twice this morning, but bounced back so quickly that it seemed very odd. He was so hungry and kept asking for food, and it was night and day when it came to his energy levels. Hmm. I'm not quite sure what to make of that. Now I'm at work and eager to check in with my husband to see how Adam is feeling.
This week at work we're celebrating National Library Week and I am thrilled to be helping with the book exhibit "Books that Changed the World." I'm checking out some double copies of some in the display so I can read them in my (ahem) spare time. I even get to bring home some withdrawn books in Spanish that have beautiful binding - I want to repurpose them for a journal or a gift for my sister, who recently has become engaged to a man from Uruguay.
I brought the coffeecake and some fruit in to celebration National Library Week, and now I must go to work on some book labels. Tonight will be a date night with my husband if Adam is well enough, but I'm grateful that my mom is the one who babysits for our weekly date night. I really wouldn't leave him with anyone but her or my husband on a sick day, even if he hasn't thrown up any more! I'm also grateful to only work part-time.
Please say a prayer for our family's wellness - we have been struggling with one bug after another for the past four months, and my husband and I are sure ready for this flu season to end! I am weary of being quarrantined from spending time with close friends with kids (either for our illnesses or their own). I'm eager for summer!
On a lighter note, our roses are as beautiful as can be, and I did get an opportunity to fill multiple vases and place them all over our home. Even in the midst of illness or stressful moments, there is so much to pay attention to, to celebrate, and to give or receive in love.


1 comment:
Your cake looks delicious. I hope your little man is feeling better.
Post a Comment