A Crafty Moment I have been trying to find a castle for my almost 3 year-old son, who is so into a book about an 11-year-old knight called "Kevin of Devon" that he can quote it at length. Since we are pretty tight on money right now, buying a castle has turned out to not be an option. However, creativity is often spurred on in such scenarios, and so last night I turned a cardboard box from Costco into a castle! I was like a kid on Christmas morning, I was so eager for our son to wake up this morning and see what I had created!
I'm including a few photos here just for fun so you can see how I split the box in half for easier inside access; I even made some banners and flags out of a beautiful red ribbon that I found tied to a dusty basket in our garage! One of my favorite features, though, is how I added platforms in front of the windows so that the heralds can look so regal as they blow their trumpets up there. It may not last as long as a wooden toy, but gosh, I sure had a good time making it, and it was so worth the effort seeing our son's reaction this morning!
No comments:
Post a Comment